It is currently 11/28/21 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 16th Hall Guide
PostPosted: 8/15/09 9:27 am 

I am going to start work on guides for each instance in quest mode and hard mode.

Please, please, please post reponses with all the information you can share on leading these instances step by step.

I can only do this with your help. I will edit in all the responses! These guides will only be as good as the information shared!

Hard Mode
During the final boss fight [name] you cannot kill any of his very squishy bug adds (~100 morale each). Killing one bug ends hard mode and it cannot be reset. Once lost you can only regain it by redoing the entire instance.

Quests
Quests for 16th Hall can be picked up in the Shadowed Refuge after you have completed the Back and Forth quest from Narfi in the 21st Hall - he sends you to the Shadowed Refuge where the quests will open up.

The Lost One's Flesh (repeatable for ixp and 750 destiny points)
Do No Harm (repeatable for ixp and 2000 destiny points)
Plague Wind
Insects Amoung the Dying
Infected Samples
Leaders of the Hosts

Group Make Up
No strict make up, helpful to bring some sort of CC (LM or Hunter for roots).
A Lore-master with Proof Against All Ills traited is very helpful for all the disease.

Starting

Clear room of orcs and proceed through the corridors until you reach a big room. Pull the closest orcs and kill them, then you can sneak along the wall to the next corridor while ignoring all the other orcs in the room.

The section following this is a long curved hallway leading to the first boss room. Very, very carefully pull groups of orcs from the room into the hall and take them out. Watch out for the healing orcs [name?] and the archers who like to target healers. Once you have cleared this room of all orcs except for Tramug and his two buddies, you can enter and prepare for the first boss fight.

First Boss - Tramug
Tramug has two adds that cannot be CCed. Have MT take on Tramug, while watching out for his cough which causes an AoE disease that knocks your morale down very quickly. It leaves a disease DoT on the floor so avoid stepping in the cough-circle. While MT takes care of Tramug, the rest of the group can burn down one add and then the other. Once they are down, the entire group focuses on Tramug while avoiding his AoE.

Open chest and loot. Nothing spectacular in this chest. Chance of 2nd age item/weapon. [confirm? Anyone get one yet?]

Post subject: Re: 16th Hall Guide
PostPosted: 10/13/09 10:08 am 
Founder

I think I already have the screenshots for this one... I'll try to get them sized and posted : )

PostPosted: 11/11/09 10:40 pm 

Suggestions for Hunters:

virtues should be at 10. whatever your comfortable with, however the combo of determination justice valour fidelity and loyalty usually works very well.

RoT (Rain of Thorns) is essential to have, and BA (Bard's Arrow) does not hurt to have just in-case.

Bow of the Righteous is nice to have as well, might not be much but power is essential to have.

And for class traits w/e your comfortable with. Just be sure you can still deal a lot of damage when necessary because that is your main role.

Hunter's normal jobs (at least when I go in there):

1. Listen to the Group Leader as they will have their own desires for you.

2. Target Assist - make sure everyone is on the same target because it makes things much easier when we focus fire (I know there are a ton of ppl who disregard this simple fact, dont or your job is harder.)

3. Crazed - You see a crazed, you 1 shot it. have at least 3 focus whenever your near Crazed areas so you can easily pop it on a crazed and not have to worry about them.

4. Boss 1 - Ads die first. Let others hit the ads but if the totems are up they MUST fall ASAP and you should have no problem with a swift bow and penetrating shot with taking those down. Ads drop, pew pew boss. that simple.

5. Boss 2 - Ad duty. Simple enough, watch diseases and kill ads as soon as you see them, dont waste focus attacks on the boss, keep the meter full until ads come then drop them all with RoA (Rain of Arrows) or Quickshot or Penetrating Shot. Then back to DPSing the boss. Again, very simple.

6. Boss 3 - Mushrooms/Boss. Most likely you will be on Mushroom duty. Strength stance entire fight. Burn the mushrooms down as soon as they are up or its a wipe. Seen it happen. When mushrooms are down toss a few arrows at the boss, a quickshot (again in strength) will help the boss kiter (if thats the method being used) by slowing him down for a short time, however Mushrooms have a decent spawn time and you will mainly be focused on them.

Any other suggestions for Hunters who have been in and successfully beaten 16th Hall please feel free to add to this.

PostPosted: 8/26/10 5:01 pm 

Change to boss 3 HM:

used to be TWO (2) bugs could die and not fail, but now if even ONE (1) bug dies, you lose HM.

[ 4 posts ]